Google Analytics

Saturday, December 25, 2010

My First Christmas in Heaven

That first Christmas without Rachel a friend gave me this poem; Helen who has now also spent two Christmas' in heaven.  I was given this a few weeks before Christmas and an idea hit me.  I found Holiday letterhead, added Love Rachel at the end of the poem, and gave a copy to each member of my family.  For me it was reassuring and healing, for my family it was a gift from Rachel.

I share this with you on Christmas morning in the hopes of sharing a little comfort, warmth and joy.  It is also a reminder that our loved ones are not far away at all.  They are always with us, watching over us and keeping us safe.  My hopes and prayers for you this Christmas is that even though there is still pain, confusion and uncertainty; you will find healing in knowing that their love surrounds you on this holiest of days.  

My First Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tear.
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear
But the sounds of music can't compare with the 
Christmas choir up hear.
I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description, to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, dear ones, you know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above.
I sent you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to do
For I can't count the blessing or love he has for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear
Remember, I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

Love .......

(Author Unknown)

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas.
May your home be filled with love and laughter.

Blessings! and until we meet again.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Rose Mary...

    I hope you had a peaceful and relaxed Christmas with your family.
    Wishing you only good things for the New Year.

    Much luv to you all xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply lovely, Rose Mary. I, too, hope your Christmas was peaceful and full of good memories of Rachel. Blessings for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Carole and Nancy,

    I hope you both had a wonderful Christmas. Wishing you both health and happiness in the coming New Year.

    Love, Rose Mary xoxox

    ReplyDelete